17 June 2008

Sweet Revenge...

So, this week, has been crazy...and its only tuesday. :)


Yesterday was a long day. I had a lot to think about and work through. But, its ok. I got to talk to my best friend for a long time and that was wonderful! And today, is just another one of those days. I have just been thinking a lot lately...


The thing on my mind today was my relationship with a member of my family...my dad. Now, I won't share all the details, but, basically, I have been upset. Just at how certain things have been lately. And I have wanted so badly for him to feel what i have been feeling. To feel the hurt I have experienced, the pain in my life. I wanted some way to "get back at him", for lack of a better way of putting it. And then, I listened to this song by BarlowGirl. Here are the lyrics...


"Sweet Revenge"


Did you see that I was hurt?
Did you know that you had left me crying there?
Now I'm holding all you words close till you feel this pain too

But you live on so unaware
While I thought somehow this hate would heal me
But this hate is never ending and it's only killing me

Oh sweet revenge you've lied again

I find I can't get free till I release this vengeance that I seek
Forgive you the only thing
I want to live I'm ready to be free

Maybe you've been wounded too
Maybe all this is your self protection
All the hurts you thought were hidden
Are the one now hurting me

So who will make the pattern end?

I find I can't get free till I release this vengeance that I seek
Forgive you, the only thing
I want to live I'm ready to

Break these chains
Won't see this through
'Cause setting you free will mean my freedom too

I find I can't get free till I release this vengeance that I seek
Forgive you the only thing
I want to live I'm ready to be free


So, there you go. That song...good isn't it. And so, right now, I am saying that I will release the feelings of wanting to get back, or seek revenge. Its not worth it. I want to be free. That's really all...I just wanted to share that with you. Hope you are having a wonderful day...

No comments: