14 October 2008

what i am living for...

just a few things i wanted to share...i promise it will be quick because i have a college application waiting for me! :)


anyways...i am so excited because my BEST FRIEND is coming to visit in just 1 day! she is coming out to take my senior pics and it has been a long time since i have seen her! i can't wait to just sit and talk and have a good time together!


the other thing is the power of the cross. i know, crazy jump - senior pics to the cross - my mind just does that. *grin*


today, i have been listening to the song, "the power of the cross" by keith and kristyn getty. it is such an awesome song, and i just wanted to share the words with you guys, just in case you haven't heard it. if you haven't, i would suggest listening to it right now. :)


"The Power of the Cross"

Oh, to see the dawn
Of the darkest day:
Christ on the road to Calvary.

Tried by sinful men,
Torn and beaten, then
Nailed to a cross of wood.

This, the pow'r of the cross:
Christ became sin for us;
Took the blame, bore the wrath—
We stand forgiven at the cross.

Oh, to see the pain
Written on Your face,
Bearing the awesome weight of sin.
Ev'ry bitter thought,
Ev'ry evil deed
Crowning Your bloodstained brow.

Now the daylight flees;
Now the ground beneath
Quakes as its Maker bows His head.

Curtain torn in two,
Dead are raised to life;
"Finished!" the vict'ry cry.

Oh, to see my name
Written in the wounds,
For through Your suffering I am free.

Death is crushed to death;
Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love.

This, the pow'r of the cross:
Son of God—slain for us.
What a love! What a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross.


I just love those lyrics...i stand forgiven at the cross...


and as powerful as that is to me, i wonder if that power and wonder is being displayed in the way i live my life. are others able to see the power of God in my every day life? or am i too caught up in the stresses of life, or too consumed by my own business?


i have had a lot of goals this year and i am adding another one to the list. i want to make my every day life so filled with the power of Christ that no one has any doubts who i belong to. i don't want anyone to ever question what i stand for, or who i stand for.


one more thing i want to tack on to this blog. it is a quote, but i'm not sure what it is from...but it is really neat and i want to share it with you guys...


"I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I will NOT turn back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. My face is set. My gait is fast. My goal is heaven. My road is narrow. My way is rough. My companions are few. My guide is reliable. My mission is clear. I WILL NOT give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up for the cause of Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach until everyone knows, work until HE stops me, and when He comes for His own, He will have no trouble recognizing me because MY BANNER WILL HAVE BEEN CLEAR."


don't you want to be a part of that? that is what i want my life to be all about. making my banner clear that i am "a disciple of Jesus Christ." what else is there to live for?

1 comment:

Kate McDonald said...

great post, katie- have fun with your friend and thanks (as always) for sharing your heart