26 August 2006

...

So, i have really wrestled with God today. Over lots of things. I am having a hard time believing certain things. I find myself asking why. Why is God letting certain things happen in my life? Why has he put me thru some of the pain I have experienced lately? Why Why Why...


I don't know.


I don't know.


I don't know.


That is it. I don't know. It kills me sometimes. How much of the picture am I missing. Sometimes, I hope that I am missing a lot. Sometimes, I wish I could see it all. But, I can't. So, being the human that I am, I ask why. Certain things I don't want to go into now, but, I am always wondering. Does God really know what he's doing?? the quick and correct answer is, yes, of course! But, how many of you have ever struggled with believing that? ME ME ME!! I have I have! Try right now. And then, tonite, i listened to the song, "God is in Control" by Twila Paris (oldie) The chorus says:

God is in control
We believe that his children will not be forsaken
God is in control
We will choose to remember and never be shaken
There is no power above or beside him we know
God is in control

It almost wrecked me tonite. HE IS IN CONTROL. I WILL NOT BE FORSAKEN. Yet, I feel like everything has fallen apart in my life. Well, then I listened to, "Held" by Natalie Grant. Check this chorus out...the whole song is amazing, but, check this out:

This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.

Yes, we will be held when things are fine, but, it is when everything just collapses, that he holds us in his big loving arms.


Just wanted to share those thoughts with you! Blessings...


...me...

No comments: