23 August 2006

Challenges, good and bad...

Challenges...mmmhmmm...everyone loves a good challenge, right? well, i do. most of the time.


I am actually starting a personal challenge with the start of September. My sister and I are going to challenge ourselves spiritually, mentally, and physically. I could do without the physical, but, whatever! We are participating in the Brio Babe 30 Day challenge. Check it out at briomag.com. It is challenging girls to get in shape with the start of the academic year. So, My sister and decided to try it together. So, as usual, this got me thinking. About challenges, good and bad. Hard and easy. Short and long. Fat and skinny (i just had to throw that in!). I have a few thoughts...

  1. This challenge is going to make me think hard on what is important in life. Focusing on keeping myself in check. Whether it be in my walk with Christ or physically, mentally, whatever it may be. But, then I thought. Why does this challenge only need to last for 30 days. I know for me, I do something for about 30 days and then, decide that was good enough. Wait a year, and then consider trying again. maybe the next time I get 35 days. I think many of us are like this. So, instead of a 30 day challenge, why not a daily challenge. A personal challenge to have a daily quiet time. Excersize daily. Share my faith daily. Live daily. You know? So, my challenge to myself and to you, is challenge yourself. Challenge youself to truly work hard each day to make sure that we make Jesus number 1 in everything we do...it will be tough. Notice i didn't say it may be tough. I said it WILL be. So, be ready for a challenge. But, after a while, it may not be so hard. Give it a try...
  2. Then I thought about challenges, like giants. You know, the tough stuff in life. Like having a paper due tomorrow and you haven't started research. Or, trying to get through a major loss. Or, dealing with hard things at home. Those kind of challenges. The ones that we wish would just go away. Well, I have learned (the hard way) that ignoring your challenges does nothing. That we need to face challenges head on. While at church, the pastor said that there are 5 words to remember when facing challenges. They were: 1) Courage 2) Confidence 3) Trust 4) Be prepared 5) Victory. By doing those 5 things or remembering them, those challenges will dissappear. But, it may hurt. So, maybe those challenges are good things. In my experiences, they have brought me closer to God. And they end up being bittersweet, if you kow what I mean. So, enjoy the challenges and really keep and open mind. Be ready to see what God has to show you.

Well, I am pretty tired. Once again, I love you all so so so much!! Enjoy life and have a wonderful day!!! Be strong and BE FREE!! (more on those later!) :o) Stay close to Jesus and lean on him for everything!!!!!! Oodles of love...

...The Sneaker...

No comments: