Well, today I have had lots of things going thru my head. I was listening to Nichole Nordeman today...one of my favorites...and two of her songs really got to me today. They almost made me uncomfortable. But, i guess that has been my prayer, discomfort. The two songs were, "Fool for You" and "Live." I don't know if any of you have heard them but they are AWESOME!
"Fool for You" talks about how we should be fools for Jesus because he was a fool for all of us. It talks about how people always want proof, and how if believing him, "makes me crazy, then call me crazed." Just go check it out if you haven't heard it already. But, it made me think. Am I a fool for Jesus. Do I make sure everyone in my life knows I am crazy about him. The honest answer...i don't know. I don't know. I mean, I think people know that I do the right thing, and that maybe I believe in that Jesus guy. But, do people know that I am CRAZY about him? So, I want to be a fool. Yes, a fool for him. This song made me uncomfortable. Like, he did so much for me and I can't even make sure that everyone knows I belong to him? I felt really lame. It made me squirm. Like, I wonder how much time I have lost by not being all, 100% for him...but, I can't look back, I have to choose today to be a fool.
The other song, "Live" is so amazing. The chorus says, "You make me want to live...You make me want to live...You came to shake us...And to wake us up to something more...Than we'd always settled for...And you make me want to live..." So, it just talks about how Jesus didn't come to the earth so that we can just live day to day, ordinary, lives. Just sort of existing. He came that we might have life and life to the fullest. (John 10:10) Jesus does make me want to live. Not exist, live. So, this doesn't make much sense, but, go live. Stop existing, and LIVE!!
I love you all and pray for you daily...
...me...
21 August 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment