"Comfort is sinking sand..."
How true is that. I watched the movie, "The Second Chance" tonite with Michael W. Smith. SOOO good! Go watch it if you haven't. But, that line above really got me. "Comfort is sinking sand."
So many times we do what is best for us. Come on, you know I am right. We stay in our comfort zone. We turn down things because we're "just not comfortable doing that." I am so guilty of that. what are we accomplishing by doing that?? NOTHING! we so often think about ourselves. What is convienient for me...what am I comfortable with...i can't do that, it just isn't something i am okay with. I...I...I...me...me...me. I am so guilty of this ALL the time. This may sound cheesy, but, was Jesus comfortable?? My guess is no. Something about hanging on a cross just doesn't sound too appealing. But, he did it, am I right?
Think of someone. Someone who maybe is awkward, or hard to relate to, or not very chatty, or annoying, or whatever. It is probably hard to talk to them. Especially if they are not Christians. That is SOO hard! But, think of what we are depriving them of by being comfortable. We are depriving them of life. They will die if we don't help. They will go to hell if we don't step out of our comfort zone. Yeah, even I have a hard time with that. What do we as Christians have to lose by stepping out. Nothing. We are ready for heaven. They're not. are they? So, maybe it's time to step out of our comfort zone and start being uncomfortable. Start doing things with others in mind, not ourselves.
God, I pray tonite for discomfort. I pray that you would give me challenges, and things that would make me step out.
You know, it is gonna be fine. Because we have the god of the UNIVERSE on our side. So, maybe we are humiliated, maybe we get hurt, maybe we experience some discomfort. To me, that is the least I can do to save someones life.
So, comfort is sinking sand. Jesus is the Rock. Where would you rather be. On the rock, or sinking because of your selfishness?? Think about it? Me, I choose the rock.
with discomfort...
...converse sneaker...
21 August 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment