17 August 2006

Why Converse Sneaker?

So,
Some you may be asking yourself, I am even asking myself, why call a blog, ConverseSneaker. Good question. The answer is, why not? I am just kidding. Well, the short answer is because I LOVE converse sneakers. They are cool, comfortable and, when buying the KMart brand, inexpensive. But, really I chose converse sneaker because of what they represent. Both in general and personally. In general, they represent well, walking. And life is all about walking, right? Yes, I am right. It is walking to the bus stop, walking around school. Walking to Subway with friends. But not only is is walking, putting one foot in front of the other, it is walking through life. A walk by faith. Walking hand in hand with Jesus. I am walking that walk. Its a hard one, but, I am still walking. It is also walking backwards, through life. Seeing where I have been, and being unaware of where I am going. So, that is kind of a general reason as to why it is called converse sneaker.

Now, the personal reason is this. My converses and I have been thru a lot together. They have been to NYC with me to sing at Carnegie Hall, they have been to camp to serve and wash dishes for 500+ people. And they have been on walks around the community. One particular one stands out. I was angry. It was anger that had been built up. And, for me, the way to release it, is to walk. So, I put on my sneakers, and walked. I walked for about an hour and a half. Thinking,praying, crying, wondering why God had let me walk thru this particular chapter in my life. I am sure you have wondered the same thing. Well, by the end of the walk, I didn't really have any answers. But, I had blisters. And, blisters inside too. While the blisters on my heels from wearing the wrong socks hurt bad, the ones inside were healed. God had healed me on that walk. He healed my by revealing himself to me. He had loved me and I accepted that love. And since then, for the most part, I have felt his love very much. He is amazing.

Well, all of that to say, converse sneaker, it sort of represents a journey. My journey, the journey to come, that long walk that left me with blisters...the sneakers represent life. In time, I am going to put pics up of my old KMart ones, and my new, name brand sneakers. Hi tops. *grin* And, when that day comes, there is gonna be a blog about what the new name brand ones represent. But, until then, take a walk. No, not take a hike, just a walk. At least where I am the weather is beautiful. So, put on your sneakers, and walk. See what God shows you today, you may be suprised...
Lots of Love...

...Converse-Sneaker

No comments: