15 September 2006

Busy...or are we just lazy?

Hmmmmmmm...


Busy vs. Lazy.


How many of you reading this are busy people? I AM! Let me tell you about my day...a typical day in the life of me!


I wake up at 6:15 and leave for school at 7AM. I get home from school anytime between 2:15 and 3:15. I do homework. I eat. I Mon. Tues. Wed. and Thurs I have something every nite. Then I get home, try and squeeze in a quiet time, and then go to bed. I like to think that I am busy. I am. I do a lot. But, what I didn't put in my "day" was the time I spend on the computer writing this, reading email, checking different websites, reading other blogs. No TV tho, I am not a big TV watcher. Usually only Tuesdays...GILMORE GIRLS, BABY! But, usually, I don't even get to watch that. Because, I am busy. Or maybe I am lazy...?


Well, according to my day I am not lazy, I am busy! Right? Hmmmmm. Maybe I am not so busy, just lazy. Maybe we all are.


Usually if anything gets bumped from my day it is my time with Jesus. Do any of you fin yourself giving up the same thing? You know, if I am tired, I will just go to bed instead of reading my Bible. So, I decide I will do it in the morning. And when mom comes in 15 minutes earlier like I asked, well, I decide that 15 more minutes of sleep will be better, so, I will do it when I get home from school. I get home from school and decide that that evening will be better, and the cycle starts all over again. Am I busy, or just lazy.


I think that I just don't have the time to do what it is I want to do. LIke quite times, or prayer times or whatever. But, check out this excerpt from an AMAZING book I am reading. This is from "Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy.


"Many of us frequently lament, 'I really wish I could, but I just don't have time to spend alone with Christ every day!' Yet even though we might be busy, a close look at our daily schedule might reveal that lack of discipline, not lack of opportunity, is actually what is keeping us from spending time alone with alone with our Prince. Being a hard-working type-A personality, I would never have thought the word laziness could apply to me. But i finally realized that it was laziness that kept me from developing the discipline of going to bed at a reasonable hour so that I could get up early enough to have a long, focused period of time with my Prince. It was laziness that kept me from truly learning how to study my Bible rather than just skim over a few proverbs in the morning. It was even laziness that kept me from pursuing deeper relationships with my family members. I had to learn to aggressively shake of fmy lazy habits and actively discipline my life around my true priority---intimacy with my Prince. Like training for the first time to get into excellent physical shape, gaining true discipline was often painful and uncomfortable. But eventually, focused discipline began to replace lazy habits. Every area of my lkife, especially my relationship with my Prince, was incredibly strengthened as a result. "


So, I know that was long, but, good, right? So, I think my problem is laziness. Instead of spending time with my Bible in front of me, it is the computer screen. Or maybe I could suffer an early morning, so that it may be spent with Him.


So, friends take a look at your schedule. Maybe we all can adjust a few things so that we can spend that time with Him. A friendship won't work with only a 15 minute phone call here and there, neither will a relationship with Christ. Take a look, mabe it is laziness, not busyness that robs us of our intimacy with Jesus...


Blessings...
...me...

No comments: