HEY HEY HEY!!
Well, last weekend I had the time of my life! I had the privelage of being a part of "Grease!"
When I first heard about this, I was not even going to audition. Plays just aren't my thing. I don't really like to be in the spotlight, I just feel awkward. But, many of my friends encouraged me to at least try out. So i did.
Well, as luck woud have it, I got a part. I was cast as the old, grouchy teacher, Miss Lynch. It was a part I knew I could handle. No singing solos, only 14 lines, and I could still be in the chorus songs, which made me happy! I still was a bit unsure about the whole thing, but, I thought...what the heck. One play won't kill me.
Goodness guys, I am beyond thankful that i did the play! i had a BLAST and made so many new friends and got to know so many people better! All the rehearsing, and memorizing, and dancing, and singing, and set building, and set painting...it was ALL worth it!
We did 4 shows and just had a ball! Gosh, just sitting here thinking about it just makes me smile and want to get up and dance to "We Go Together!"
So, note to self: Never be afraid to try something new. Always give things a fair shot, you just never know how it will turn out.
13 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment